When a company or individual decides to go for a digital signature online, he wants integrity, validity, and authenticity both for the document and signatory. In this way, digital signature solutions establish a secure environment for businesses.
However, the companies can go even further to develop trust and confidence by engaging only those E-signature online solution providers, who offer time stamping as well.
- The reason for choosing this option is to ensure that every process and signor is being authenticated and approved by using the most advanced level of security and protection.
- The features of time stamping are at such an advanced level that many consider it as a next-level digital signature.
- The first thing that we must keep in mind is that it is not a new terminology. Digital signature with time stamping means that we are using the most advanced digital signature now.
- It is necessary for those organizations, which must have the security and protection of the documents, and you want to keep an eye on all the processes and signatures that you need to complete the document for converting into digitally-signed and legally-binding contracts.
How do we define the digital signature?
- Well, it is a cryptographic mechanism through which the recipient determines whether the particular digital signed message is an originating identity or not.
- In this way, the recipient checks the authenticity of the origin and non-repudiation.
- More importantly, it also sends confirmation that no one has altered the message.
- The advanced E-signature app also allows you to verify some specific documents and ensures their authenticity and integrity.
- In this way, you can detect any manipulation, tampering, or content falsification as well.
- As the definition says that the most authentic signature to sign documents online is the digital signature.
- However, there are some differences in rules and regulations in different countries.
- In this case, the courts need assistance from professionals who can explain the electronic signature app and its expansions in the form of digital signature online with advanced features.
- When the companies use a digital signature, they can identify and authenticate all the signers and keep the integrity and non-repudiation of the documents intact and secure.
- Furthermore, the digital signature solutions also demand a digital certificate from a signer. An accredited Certification Authority issues this certificate that you need when someone tries to sign the document electronically.
The Procedure to follow for digital signature solutions
When someone signs the documents digitally, he needs to use a token or smartcard. Moreover, you also need an EMV chip to move forward for achieving safety and efficiency.
- When you do that, you can file the signatures on a centralized location that can be hardware or software.
- If it is hardware, the location will be a centralized server.
- Conversely, the signatures are fled to on-cloud databases.
- In this way, there is no need to transport the devices.
- The reason for using this procedure is to ensure that the document is secure from any loss or theft.
Why do experts recommend a centralized signature platform?
As Docsign pro already know that digital signature solutions use robust cryptography systems that make them different from electronic signature online, which can be free E-signature as well.
- More importantly, if you are using secure devices, you can improve the documentation speed.
- You can improve the procedures of administration and maintenance as well.
- In this way, you are ensuring that there will be no breach of security loss during the whole process of documentation.
- When you face some special situations, a corporate digital certificate is also required.
- In this way, the companies allow a specific individual or department to save the documents and move within different departments or visit the stakeholders for authentication.
- In this situation, the certificate holder is not a stakeholder. However, the documents can be in their access.
- So, if an organization allows it, you can expand the scope of this feature to the corporate environment.
- if you are using an electronic signature in Word, you need to get the authentication from a person who has a right to do so
- The same is required in the corporate sector where a private organization or public administration can be involved.
- In this way, you may have employees who belong to some specific departments or are working under different hierarchies.
- These people are assigned many tasks by using an electronic signature online to complete numerous managerial tasks.
- Monitoring of these departments and individuals can be performed with exception while using time stamping to keep an eye on all the processes that are performed by using the E-signature online app.
Using time stamping to keep the documentation process in control
To deal with all these circumstances and situations, using time stamping with the help of a digital signature can be the safest option to record all the times on which documents are signed with location and device.
- It is the confirmation that all the requirements to develop electronically signed contracts by following all the processes, which are required.
- It also confirms that the centralized digital signature platforms show the commitment to achieve the safest process for completing the documents digitally both in corporate and private environments. Furthermore, these platforms allow integrating with all the authorized people who belong to a specific contract.
- However, they need to use private and public keys for encryption and decryption of the messages delivered through the documents.
- In this way, the digital signature solutions ensure that only authorized people can access these documents.
- Moreover, the stakeholders implement control over all the processes and individuals who are involved in the process.
- And with time stamping, they can keep an eye on all the processes and when they are being performed.
- Another crucial aspect in this regard is that you can complete the documentation process in minutes.
Is time stamping a new alternative to digital signature?
Well, in actual terms, time stamping makes digital signature the most secure and protected solution for documentation.
- However, there may be situations or actions where some organizations can carry out time stamping separately with a digital signature.
- It helps them keep an eye on all the processes, which they run in or outside the organization.
- Time stamping helps give legal validity to some of the procedures through which the organizations can record the date and time of a specific contract to implement a check.
- The reason for choosing time stamping is that the companies assign different tasks and duties to different team members.
- However, you can observe the authenticity of the documents signed by these individuals only with the help of time stamping. In this way, you can use the recording of time and date as legal proof in the case of any legal issue.
- It also helps the organizations observe the deadlines and other derivatives for timely completion of the contracts and processes.
How can we use time stamping?
- Well, time stamping is available with a digital signature online. However, in some situations, you can also go for a separate time stamping solution that offers a chronological recording of all the stamps to ensure the validity of the processes during the time of electronic signature online.
- Using synchronization of time stamping via GPS is also essential, as the location also matters a lot in this regard. In this way, you can record the evidence of that particular event when the signer signs the document digitally.
- Therefore, if you are using time stamping with the digital signature, you have unanswerable proof that a specific person has signed the contract at a specific time with the location and device by using a synchronized GPS solution.
However, time stamping works more effectively when you are using it with a digital signature solution. These solutions offer all the security tools and techniques to keep the documentation process authentic, validated, and legally-binding.